What are CRW files?
CRW is one of several file extensions used by Canon cameras. These are raw, uncompressed, high-resolution captured images based on the structure of the CIFF format.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the CRW format?
The CRW format is a multimedia standard in the current world of digital content. And it shows the following advantages and disadvantages:
- It allows the photographer to postpone the application of adjustments.
- It has a high quality in its images, capturing every detail, such as the focus point, at the moment of shooting.
- They work well with specific software packages from their manufacturers, such as Nikon Capture NX.
- They contain more color and dynamic range than other formats.
- Consume a lot of storage space.
- Not a standardized format
- Not all programs can open CRW
CRW Format FAQs
How do I open a CRW file?
The software that came with your Canon camera should be able to open images saved in CRW format, such as the EOS6D, EOSD30 and Powershot Pro1. In addition, you can open for free with IrfanView, Microsoft Windows Photos. You should also be able to open with Adobe applications, XARA Photo and AZImage.