The MPEG-4 Part 14 format, better known as MP4, is a multimedia container used to store digital audio and video. It can store other kinds of data, like still images and subtitles.
The WebM format is a digital container for audio and video released in 2010. Matroska, Xiph, and On2 developed it as a free alternative to HTML multimedia elements. Its filename extension is .webm
Frequently Answered Questions
Is it Safe to Convert MP4 to WebM Files?
Data leakage is always a concern whenever you upload something on the web. So, you may get insecure about the misuse of your data. Free converters aren't always as safe. But with reputable websites such as Convertr, it is safe to convert your MP4 files to WebM.
Convertr is the most reliable website to convert files without miss-handling your data. Your files are transferred over a highly secured SSL encrypted network and get auto-deleted after the process is over.
Can Windows 10 Convert MP4 to WebM?
Since its release, Windows has never included a built-in file converter in the package. Before the internet, people used to buy third-party software in CDs to convert files.
You can still buy third-party software to convert MP4 to WebM, but downloading software from the web is not always a good idea. There is always a threat of infecting your device with a virus.
The best way to convert MP4 files to WebM is to use an online converter. We recommend using Convertr. It is fast, free of cost, and secure to use.
Is MP4 Better than WebM?
- WebM is a format designed by Google to allow the streaming of high-resolution videos in browsers. So, WebM only works in web browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and even Safari.
- Although both MP4 and WebM compress the video size, WebM shrinks the video more than MP4. The smaller size enables faster video streaming. A less heavy file will also save you time uploading the video to your website.
- WebM uses advanced coded algorithms to modify the video to enhance the graphics and audio quality.
So, based on WebM's superior video quality and smaller size, we cannot say that MP4 is better than WebM.
Why do I need to Convert from MP4 to WebM?
There can be any of the following reasons why you would want to convert MP4 to WebM:
- When sharing a video on your website, converting it in WebM first will allow a better user experience.
- If you sell online lessons, your users will be able to surf the video faster with WebM, a common issue faced by online tutoring websites.
- WebM comes in handy for YouTubers. WebM offers better video quality and more video resolution options.
Which is the Best MP4 to WebM Converter?
Convertr has made its place in the list of best online converters. It's an excellent online tool that lets you convert any MP4 file into a WebM file in no time. The interface is attractive, and the website is easy to navigate.
One of the best features of Convertr is its top speed. No matter how heavy the files are, they upload at lightning speed. Also, Convertr has a multi-tasking capability of converting multiple files and downloading them at your desired location simultaneously all by itself.
How to Convert MP4 Files to WebM?
Converting MP4 to WebM multimedia files is something you can easily do at Convertr. Our site counts with a user-friendly interface that everyone can use by practically just looking at it. That way, those with limited computing knowledge can perform file conversions by themselves without any help.
- Click on the "Choose files" button and select the files you want to convert, or drag and drop them directly on the site.
- Select WebM as the output format.
- Click on convert
And that's it. Your file will automatically be uploaded, and we will convert it to WebM format as quickly as possible. Then, you have to download it in the converted form.
For example, if you are trying to convert several gigabytes of MP4 content to WebM, it is normal to take some time.
Please note that the conversion will take less or more time, depending on the length of the file.