Convertr.org is the best PS converter you can find on the internet! Fast & Secure, we pride ourselves in our ability to offer the best speed conversion speed with almost any file size and format.
Or drop files here.
What are PS files?
A PS file is an image file stored in the PostScript programming language. Containing text and images on the same page, this file type helped convert digital page layouts into printed works.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the format?
The PS format is a multimedia standard in the current world of digital content. And it shows the following advantages and disadvantages:
- You can make digital graphics and text.
- A PS file can be sent directly to the printer without the need to open it in an application.
- The print job will look exactly like what you designed.
- You can scale the images within the file to any resolution without losing their quality.
- It has a high quality of details, being sharper and preferable for printing than other PDLs.
- Although printers support PostScript, not all can convert the file efficiently.
- Many current programs do not support PS files.
PS Format FAQs
How to open a PS file?
Adobe programs such as Illustrator and Acrobat can successfully run a PS file.
Do printers still use Postscript?
Not all printers currently use PostScript, but all printers must have some sort of format for converting information into printed material.
What is the difference between PS and PCL?
PCL uses the printer hardware to perform its functions, so it is device-dependent. PostScript, on the other hand, is stand-alone and performs its functions without the need for hardware support.